Gubed PHP Debugger is, as the name suggests, a program to debug PHP scripts. It is not, as some people first believe, a PHP syntax checker. That is, it wont tell you where you forgot to put an ending bracket.
It is rather a debugger to find logical errors, like 'why does this if-statement not occur' or 'why does that loop never end'.
The main goals is to provide a free (as in beer and freedom), easy to use, easy to install and usable PHP debugger.
It currently supports stepping through code, watching contents of variables and setting breakpoints (line and conditional).
- Developer sends a HTTP request to the webserver with a web browser.
- The webserver/PHP processes the script which initiates the Gubed PHP Debugger.
- The debugger opens a socket to the Debug Client telling it's ready for action.
- The Debug Client sets up the display and shows the source to the developer.
- The developer choses cause of action in the Debug Client which forwards the command to the Script.
- The Script processes the command and acts accordingly.
- The procedure repeats until the script is done or the developer ends the session premature.
- The Script sends output back to browser.